Thursday, August 09, 2007

This Is Not My Baby

...but it doesn't mean she's any less cute.

This is actually my friends' baby. If you know, have met, or ever heard of my friend Chris, aka "Doc," this is his third daughter, Sophia Rachael. Sophie was born at 12:21 am on August 4. Despite being born nearly a month early, Sophie checked in at a healthy 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 1/2 inches.

Chris' wife and mine shared the same due date. Chris' wife was, like mine will be, induced. Chris' wife endured 31 hours in the hospital after the first doses of Pitocin before little Sophie decided to come out. Those numbers frighten me and my wife, but how can you stay upset when looking at a cute little face like that?

Congratulations to my friends on the new addition to their family. Chris now shares a home with his wife and three daughters who, in 2021, will be 18, 16, and 14. May God have mercy on his soul.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Cohen said...

Is it bad that whenever I meet someone's newborn (or recently born) boy, I immediately think, "Would they get along with either of my nieces (2 years old and 1 month old) in 15 years or so? Do you think we should set them up?" I think the answer to my question is probably, "Yes, it is bad," but I just can't help myself!

8/10/2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger SteveJeltzFan said...

Are you kidding? I've been trying to arrange a pre-natal marriage for months.

I'd much rather have a dowry set far in advance than have to come up with one later in life. That way I can prepare.

8/10/2007 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home