Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Giving Birth: The Playlist

What do you get when you cross the iPod generation and the maternity ward? Yeah, that' right - the Giving Birth Playlist. When I joked to my wife that we should have three - one for labor, one for delivery, one for recovery, I think she actually meant that I'll be doing that.

Fortunately, my wife and I met in college, well past our mix tape primes. And, while we did exchange a special tape or CD once or twice, she was spared the classic mix tapes I made as a child - typically four Bon Jovi songs followed by six INXS songs, all chronological from the same album. I am not the mix tape master.

But, since listening to music beast sitting in silence, constantly asking "How are you doing?" I figured I'd do a bit of research.

Many people are willing to share their mixes with you, but something about them seems off. To each their own, I suppose, but other people's mixes seem geared toward creating a relaxing atmosphere or sentimental romance. There's nothing specific to the moment. That's what I've been working on. Songs I'd put on my playlist are below.

For The Drive To The Hospital
"Theme" - Benny Hill: Seems approrpriate for the drive and arrival

Early Stages of Labor
"Having a Baby" - Barenaked Ladies: I don't like the band, but I respect them. I've never heard this song, but the lyrics intrigue me.

"You're Having My Baby" - Paul Anka and Odia Coates: Quite appropriate.

"Breathe" - Pink Floyd: Lots of songs with this title, but this is the one I know best.

"Gracie" - Ben Folds: Pretty song he wrote for his daughter; Composer of our wedding dance song.

Active Labor & Delivery
"Breathe" - Prodigy: Things are a little more intense now.

"Push It" - Salt N Pepa/Garbage: Two songs, two artists my wife loves, good message.

"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor/"Gonan Fly Now (Theme)" - Rocky: For that extra motivation.

"Got Your Money" - Ol' Dirty Bastard: About two weeks ago, my wife was blasting this song when she stops, turns to me and says, "This isn't really appropriate for a mother, is it?" Enjoy it one last time.

Baby Time!
"Three is the Magic Number - Schoolhouse Rock/Blind Melon version: Oh yeah it is.

"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N Roses: It's only creepy if you think about it being written for a girlfirend, not a baby.

"Baby, Baby" - Amy Grant: Yeah, you read that right. My baby, my playlist, my music.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged with a meme. The 8 things meme. Be warned.

http://4timedad.com/2007/07/26/talking-about-myself/

7/27/2007 12:09 AM  
Anonymous free erotic stories beastiality taboo forced said...

Have em relieve you, then I want you to do me afavor. and eventually the erect penis, through gentle thrusting and truelove for your partner cause you to ejaculate sperm into her uteruswhere just one of their wriggling, minuscule cells is soaked up by theegg and begins a new, human life.
erotic gay male sex stories
incest survivor stories
teen virgins having sex stories
lesbian bondage stories
bdsm extreme stories
Have em relieve you, then I want you to do me afavor. and eventually the erect penis, through gentle thrusting and truelove for your partner cause you to ejaculate sperm into her uteruswhere just one of their wriggling, minuscule cells is soaked up by theegg and begins a new, human life.

12/04/2010 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home