Thursday, August 23, 2007

The First 48 Hours

This is going to be one disjointed-ass post.

Random thoughts, remarks, and observations on my first 48 hours as a parent...

If you asked me, around 4pm yesterday, how being a parent was, I'd have to tell you it was going remarkably well. I suppose that it still is going remarkably well, though there's a bit more fussing and crying over the past 12 hours.

Rebecca *hates* having her diaper changed. She cries like a banshee when she is put down and her diaper comes off (I am encouraged at her reaction to being bottomless, perhaps that will keep). Of all the basic functions babies are born with, pooping is the strangest and scariest. Can you imagine figuring out what your body was doing down there if you had no idea? Also, I'm pretty sure I know what is going "in" so why does it look like black tar heroin coming out?

If you need to reach me, try between midnight and 4am, I'm usually up, but my hands are full.

She opened her eyes and looked at me yesterday, and I damn near died.

Allow me state and reiterate how awesome my wife -- and all mothers -- are. Babies don't do much their first few days or weeks, but they definitely eat. They eat every few hours and it's not something that can really be done half-ass. My wife just asked me to hold Rebecca for a while so she could shower for the first time in days. I will happily oblige.

...more to come, must relieve mommy for a bit...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home