Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

I never really knew that people rely on this site for their unborn baby update until my wife and I suddenly left town after I posted our baby's gender.

It was very sad (but not entirely unexpected) news that brought us back to Florida for the second time in two weeks. The news that we are having a girl brought a little bit of joy into a solemn weekend, particularly for my mother, who has been surrounded by men for the past 60 years.

We're both drained from the weekend and the ensuing chaos in the airport during our return flight, but I did have some random thoughts...

On Flying...My girl does not like turbulence. Actually, neither of them do...My Lovely Wife did manage to keep all her food down, but the Little Miss seemed bent on turning Mommy's uterus into a prenatal amusement park when we hit turbulence on our descent...

On Moving...Our planned move has been postponed a week...you'd think that living with just two unpacked plates, bowls, and glasses would be liberating; you'd be wrong.

On Raising a Girl...Before the ultrasound photos had even dried, my wife turned to me and said, "You'll never be able to say 'no' to her, will you?"...I can't say 'no' to my wife, let alone the Little Miss...The caption of the gender post was my response when someone asked if we were having a boy or girl...I have NO idea how to raise a girl, so this is going to be my strategy: give her everything she wants until she turns 18...shit, do I have to pay for a wedding, now, on top of college?...If I'm really going to be a protective father, I'll have to buy a shotgun...

More to come after a good night's sleep in my own bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home