Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Roar of the Lion

I’m not a big believer in horoscopes or astrology, but I know that many are. The horoscope takes up valuable real estate in my home newspaper’s comics section, and the only justifiable reason is that many people believe.

If all goes according to plan, my daughter will be a Leo – the lion – born between July 23 and August 22. And, looking at the traits of a Leo, living with and raising my daughter is going to be a frustratingly beautiful thing that will launch her to a very successful life.

Leos are, by nature, dominant and spontaneous, creative and extroverted. Now, those are some great characteristics, and those four traits all run through my wife and I, but reading that, as an expectant father, and I see, “Leos are, by nature, demanding and have a tendency to poop and pee at any moment, might think it a good idea to wear their underwear outside their clothes, or maybe just their underwear, and will chat up others as they do so.”

On the positive side, Leos are known to be ambitious, courageous, positive and strong willed which, to be perfectly honest, are a few of the qualities that made me adore my daughter’s mother. Those are qualities that, eventually, will make me proud of my daughter; I can only hope that she is a strong and optimistic as a Zodiac sign would suggest.

Taking years 0-18 out of it (oh how easy it is on paper), my daughter would be well-served to follow her Zodiac calling. I grew up in a middle-class suburb, a white male. With all hope, my daughter will also grow up in a middle-class suburb, white, but female. I know nothing of the struggles women face in a male-dominated society other than what I read, I hope that I have not contributed to anyone’s struggle, personally.

My daughter, on the other hand, as a positive, intelligent, strong-willed woman, should have no boundaries as she goes through her professional and personal life. Her sign, the Leo, after all are “lions of the industry.” A determined Leo can achieve greatness as an actor or musician, and it should be no surprise Leo musicians gravitate toward grand instruments.

The Leo is open and sincere with others, which is admirable in business as it is in other facets of life. Somehow I think that will apply to everyone but my daughter’s parents, at least until she turns 18.

The Leo also has distinctive romantic and love qualities…but we’ll have to wait a while before I can stomach that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home