Saturday, June 09, 2007

Aw...hic...that's so...hic...cute

One of the things that annoys many people when a friend or acquaintance has a new baby (particularly for the first time) is that everything said baby does, no matter how trivial, mundane, or disgusting, becomes the cutest thing in the world. I had one friend, at the time a father for all of three days, extol the virtues of new baby poop, and how he reveled in its yellow-ness. I found this to be both hilarious and horrible.

Well guess what world, I am about to become one of "them." You see, I'm not here to tell you that my baby is the smartest, bestest in the world (yet), but she - in utero, mind you - has already done the cutest thing. She has the hiccups.

Prenatal hiccups are not uncommon, and when reading a Daddy Book a few months back chuckled at the thought of it. My Lovely Wife gets the hiccups from time to time. And not the small, high-pitched kind. These are full-out Barney Gumbel diaphragm explosions. So I guess it's only natural (or genetic) that Lefty would come down with them, too.

I haven't had the chance to feel or hear her hiccuping yet, only living vicariously through my wife's excited phone calls. But let me tell you, my baby, drinking her amniotic fluid a little too quickly (aww, just like daddy at a bar!), to the point of having little baby hiccups?

Cutest. Thing. Ever.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mamacita said...

Unfortunately those baby hiccups stop being cute and start being annoying after a while, especially when you're trying to go to sleep.

Sorry, I feel like I rain on your prenatal parade all the time. You sound like you're really enjoying, and you should. It's great that you're so excited. You're in for the ride of your life.

6/13/2007 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home