Sunday, June 10, 2007

Knocked Out by "Knocked Up"


I should've been a headline writer.

What I should not attempt to be, however, is a movie critic.

My Lovely Wife and I went to see Knocked Up this afternoon. I would like to provide a thorough recap and analysis of the movie, but for the life of me, can only remember bits and pieces. But, if you like any of the below, you must see this movie:
  • Pregnancy as humor
  • Drug humor
  • The supporting cast of Undeclared
  • Paul Rudd
  • Jews
As an expectant father, I did relate to many of the emotions, joys, and anxieties Seth Rogen displayed on screen. My wife admitted that wardrobe and makeup workers did a decent job of making Katherine Heigl appear pregnant. Knocked Up got it right (and someone thinks they got it exactly right), down to the reading material featured, and even gave me a glimpse of the future (thanks crowning scene, I can't wait).

Mostly, though, we both laughed. For a notch over two hours, the movie delivered - from the aforementioned drug, pregnancy, and Jew humor, to the minor characters, each with a peculiar personality (particularly those currently in the SNL cast).

If you are on the fence about seeing this movie - maybe you like comedies, and some of Judd Apatow's body of work - I cannot recommend this movie enough. That's my thorough analysis.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home