Saturday, February 03, 2007

This Week in Fatherhood

This week in fatherhood publicizes and celebrates fathers across the globe. We laugh at their foibles, chuckle at their misfortune, and remind ourselves that there are no prerequisites to fatherhood. Let us all learn from their idiocy in a special sports-themed edition of "This Week in Fatherhood."
  • I think de la Hoya missed a great chance. Not only does father know all of sons physical weaknesses, but emotional, as well - "Now Oscar, when you get in close, you whisper right into his ear that Fluffy never made it to that farm in the country with the other dogs."
  • Yeah, I remember when I was old enough to beat my father for the first time. I was 8 and the game was Super Mario Bros.
  • My child should be so good at a sport that I heckle and get attacked by his coach.
  • One thing I, personally, am looking forward to is living my athletic fantasies vicariously through my children. With the Super Bowl just 18 hours away, I wonder if Archie Manning is thinking the same thing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

I'm with you, I sure hope my 5 year old likes MMA or can drop the gloves like my ice hockey heroes Bob Probert and Dave Brown

2/05/2007 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home